new open file error on existing connection

FTP client for Android handsets.

new open file error on existing connection

Postby mjgriffo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:52 am

Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy s9 running Android 8.0.0 on the 01 September 2018 security patch level.

My long standing FTPS connection to my home server has suddenly started failing when I try to open a file from the server, with the error:

file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/lyesoft.andftp/cache/[filename] exposed beyond app through Intent.getData()

..all the files are jpgs, so the normal result would be the image being displayed on the phone.

I can access the folder structure, and the login occurs as normal, it just won't open the file. The files are intact on the server itself, when checked directly from a PC on the network, so it appears to be an andFTP issue.

Is anyone able to provide some guidance?

Thanks in advance,
Jamie
mjgriffo

Re: new open file error on existing connection

Postby support » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:01 am

Yes, reproduced on some devices it has been fixed in 5.0.1 available on google play. Try to update and let us know.
support

Re: new open file error on existing connection

Postby mjgriffo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:33 am

That solved the problem.

Thanks for the immediate response!
mjgriffo

Return to AndFTP

Sitemap | Privacy Statement | Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
in the U.S. and other countries. All other company and/or product names are the property of their respective owners.