The 'read user data' warning

BucketUpload for J2ME smart devices.

The 'read user data' warning

Postby qwavel » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:15 pm

I'm am using BackutUpload 1.0 on my N95-3.

I read the FAQ about this problem, but my phone doesn't have the 'suite settings' that is mentioned in the FAQ. I've seen these options on other phones (eg. Nokia 5310) but not on this phone.

It wouldn't be so annoying if we only got the message once, or even once per run of the midlet. Is it not possible for the midlet to 'hold onto' the permission once I have given it once?

Thanks,
Tom.
qwavel

Re: The 'read user data' warning

Postby support » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:13 pm

The midlet cannot control this security feature. However, such option should be somewhere on N95 because we've signed our midlet with a trusted certificate from Thawte. I've made a search in Nokia forum and I've found that "suite settings" is not available but similar menu is: "Go to the Application Manager, scroll down to the MIDlet in question and press the select-button (or what ever the name is for the button in the middle of the arrowkeys), and select Open from the pop-up menu."
See: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum ... p?t=106899

Does it help ?
support

Return to BucketUpload (J2ME)

Sitemap | Privacy Statement | Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
in the U.S. and other countries. All other company and/or product names are the property of their respective owners.