Cant login to smb server

BucketUpload for J2ME smart devices.

Cant login to smb server

Postby Brutonpc » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:06 pm

I have a Samsung Galaxy s2 10.1 and have installed AndSMB. Unfortunately, I cannot log in to my network. AndSMB refuses to connect whatever server name I use.

My network includes Windows XP and Linux Mint and it is set up to use Workgroup and I can see and transfer files between any without problems. However, I set the smb server name as Workgroup and any other name I use and all I get is 'Unknown server' returned.

As a test I installed 'SMB File Sharing' app and this imediately connects without any further settings and I can see any PC on my network.

Does AndSMB work with the Samsung, if so how is it set up?
Brutonpc

Re: Cant login to smb server

Postby support » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Are you using IP address for server or hostname? What error do you get?
support

Postby Brutonpc » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:10 am

Status as follows:
I have a number of PCs connected to a home network with the name 'Workgroup'. With this network I can send and receive files to any PC including a Windows 7 laptop wirelessly connected and a Linux Mint PC - no problems. Workgroup does not use a username or password. At the hub is a Belkin router mod: F5D7634-4.

When setting the smb server to Workgroup I get a request for username and password - Attempt 1 etc. Message shown is 'CONNECT smb://Workgroup:445' . The the error shown is 'Logon failure unknown username or bad password'.

I have also tried IP addresses starting with 192.168.2.1 (The router default).
Message shown is 'CONNECT smb://192.168.2.1:445'. Error shows 'atjcifs.e.a.c.run(unknown source).

I have also tried a number of other possibilities, e.g. 'BRUTONPC'. Shot in the dark! with same result.

According to many postings AndSMB is supposedly simple and easy to set up, but is this a problem connected with the Samsung tablet?
Brutonpc

Postby support » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:39 am

when you try smb://Workgroup:445, did you enter any login/password? Did you enter a domain too?
support

Postby Brutonpc » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:11 pm

Since I don't use a username or password, the only input is Workgroup. This seems to work with any other app I've tried.
Brutonpc

Postby harrybro » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:15 am

As a test I installed 'SMB File Sharing' app and this imediately connects without any further settings and I can see any PC on my network.
harrybro
harrybro

Postby support » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:33 am

SMB File sharing app requires root access. AndSMB not. With root access all Android security features could be discarded. We don't plan to ask such permission. We would prefer to do our best to be compliant with the platform
support

Return to BucketUpload (J2ME)

Sitemap | Privacy Statement | Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
in the U.S. and other countries. All other company and/or product names are the property of their respective owners.